Head of Business Development - Europe
Competitive salary plus excellent reward package
Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added? Click the CTA below!
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Do you have a strong vendor finance background with programme and deal structuring skills? Can you design and develop strategies for sustainable growth? Are you a strategic thinker with the ability to engage with vendors, customers and sales teams?
If your answer is 'yes' to all of these, keep reading.
Want to know a little about us?
Trading under the brands of Mitsubishi HC Capital UK in the UK and Mitsubishi HC Capital Europe in the wider market, we are the rapidly growing European division of Mitsubishi HC Capital UK PLC that provides vendor finance solutions to support shareholder group businesses, their distribution channels, and their key accounts across Europe. We build strong effective relationships with our vendor partners and develop bespoke asset finance programs and funding solutions for customers. We are currently present in 5 European countries directly and, 24 countries on a cross border basis with expansion into additional markets underway.
We are delivering on our ambitious growth and diversification strategy through promoting an entrepreneurial culture and collaborative teamwork. We offer vendors and customers a diverse mix of standard and structured asset finance options and tailored solutions to secure opportunities that meet our strategic goals. This means our teams are required to work flexibly in a varied environment that is often exceptionally rewarding.
We're proud to be a Top 50 Inclusive employer, we're number 11 in Glassdoor's Top 50 Employer list on Glassdoor.
What does the role involve?
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, you will participate and contribute to the Business unit targets and growth plan. Managing a multinational BD team, working with the Japanese liaison team, Sales, and Channel Sales teams to identify, assess, qualify and facilitate new Vendor relationships to be negotiated, agreed and onboarded and to develop the existing relationships further across both the UK and Europe.
Some of your key duties will include:
- Design and develop business development plans for sustainable growth in Europe by working collaboratively with other team leaders to create opportunities to support the success of Mitsubishi HC Capital
- Support the EVF team in achieving asset life cycle financing targets
- Working directly or through with designated funding partners, negotiate and roll out new vendor programmes in all direct and indirect countries, work with the Regional Sales Leaders and the Sales team on an integrated basis for the rollout of programmes in Europe
- To provide program development and management leadership and ongoing support with new and existing vendors in Europe and liaise with existing customers and finance partners to work through any new structures and business models, requests, and/ or issues
- Drive expansion of relationships with partners across Europe to ensure the continuous development, growth and improvement of existing programs to meet the needs of customers
- Work closely with Credit & Risk team to identify, evaluate and mitigate risks associated with new vendor programmes and asset classes, and ensure regulatory compliance and controls
- Take part in expansion projects into new countries and help setting up, managing, and developing the indirect funding channels and third-party programs for European Vendor Finance vendors
What are we looking for?
We are seeking a strategic thinker with a strong vendor finance background who has programme and deal structuring skills. You should have the ability to create, negotiate, implement, and maintain a strong customer proposition whilst making sound commercial business decisions. A high-level influencer who can interpret the needs of the customer, who always looks for the right solutions to meet the needs of customer and the business whilst leading and managing a sales team into best practices.
Also, we're looking for the following:
- Knowledge of consultative sales practices
- Knowledge of industry sector
- Knowledge and understanding of working and dealing directly multiple stakeholders including supply chain
- Knowledge of change management
What can we offer you?
At Mitsubishi HC Capital UK we take our people promise seriously. If you join us, you'll have a chance to make a difference, opportunities to learn, and time to shine.
In addition to a market-benchmarked salary and excellent bonus scheme, our offer to you includes:
- Cash Allowance or Company car – with fantastic EV incentives
- Flexible hybrid working
- 25 days' holiday, plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell 5 days
- Full wellbeing package including BUPA, digital GP service, 24/7 employee assistance, plus wellbeing events throughout the year
- Access to Group wellbeing schemes.
What's the next step?
Interested? Start your application today and see what Mitsubishi HC Capital UK can offer you.
Mitsubishi HC Capital UK is an inclusive employer, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Jobs you might be interested in
Articles you might like
Jobs you have shown an interest in