Operational Control Manager
Competitive salary plus company car and bonus
Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added? Click the CTA below!
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Are you looking for your next challenge in a risk management environment? Do you have the experience and ability to drive continuous improvement across our European operations and ensure quality service is embedded within core business processes?
If your answer is 'yes' to all of these, keep reading.
Want to know a little about us?
Active in 24 countries with offices in London, Amsterdam, Dublin, Helsinki, we are the European vendor finance division of Mitsubishi HC Capital UK PLC, a subsidiary of Mitsubishi HC Capital Inc., one of the world's largest and most diversified financial groups, with over £60bn of assets. We build strong effective relationships with our vendor partners and develop bespoke asset finance programs and funding solutions for customers.
Our entrepreneurial approach and a strong strategic focus have been the driving force behind our success and rapid expansion. We have now set ourselves the target of increasing further our direct operations in Europe.
We are committed to an inclusive working environment where we provide colleagues with the support and opportunity to continually develop. We actively promote a culture of teamwork and learning that allows people to perform at their best and be recognised for making a difference.
We are passionate about creating value for society, which is why we encourage volunteering days, support charitable giving, and put our values of Harmony, Sincerity, and Pioneering Spirit at the heart of everything we do. We are proud to be a UK “Top 50 Inclusive employer” and rated the best Financial Services company to work for in the UK by Glassdoor.
What does the role involve?
Reporting into the Head of Operations, you'll design and develop operational risk mitigation strategies to support our business growth. Working with the senior management team, you'll develop and implement effective quality assurance, training, and process improvement programs across a range of operational activities.
As the Process Quality champion some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Devising and implementing appropriate transaction monitoring to evidence adherence to service quality and processing accuracy KPIs
- Performing monthly quality assurance testing across the range of Operational and Change Management processes to include Agreement Activation, Payments, Contract Terminations, Reschedules and Software Release Management. Prepare and present monthly QA findings, trend analysis and recommendations to the Operations Teams and wider business.
- Managing regular and ad hoc process reviews and securing appropriate approval for procedure change. Ensure procedures are updated to reflect changing Group requirements, regulation change, operational incidents, or changing operational risks.
- Developing and leading regular training programs for the Operational Teams and the wider business on key operational systems, processes, and controls. Support operational team managers with building skills matrices and tailored operational process training for their teams.
- Maintaining an approved Standard Documentation Library for use with Customers and approved third parties.
- Maintaining a library of operational procedures that adhere to defined minimum control requirements and address identified operational risks.
- Working closely with senior managers in Risk and Compliance across the business to identify best operational practices and to support operational risk management initiatives.
What are we looking for?
As a service quality champion, you'll promote a culture of learning across operational teams and proactively influence behaviours to drive up the quality and improve customer experiences. You'll have strong financial services industry knowledge complemented by an inquisitive mind and a willingness to work collaboratively with others to overcome challenges. As a critical thinker, you will be constantly looking out for ways to implement operational improvement and controls.
Also, we're looking for the following:
- Experience in implementing quality assurance frameworks, reporting and controls that promote quality services and minimise operational risks.
- Excellent attention to detail, able to understand finance agreement documentation and a range of asset finance financial products.
- Perseverance to investigate, understand and resolve complex issues.
- A reliable and hands-on senior manager, capable of coaching and effective, service quality focused teams.
- Excellent communication: able to identify and communicate issues to operational teams and support them with measures to improve quality.
- Asset Finance experience and European language(s) are an advantage.
What can we offer you?
We're passionate about looking after our people as we know that looking after you means that you will look after our customers. In addition to an excellent salary we're able to offer you:
- A brand new EV company car from a range of leading manufacturers or cash alternative
- Annual bonus scheme of up to 20% of salary
- Up to 10% employer pension contributions
- 25 days' holiday, with the option to buy/sell, volunteering days
- BUPA, digital GP service, 24/7 employee assistance, wellbeing programmes & events
- Flexible benefits options such as cycle to work, free financial advice, discounted personal finance and insurance
What's the next step?
Like the sound of what we have to offer? Feel you've got something to bring to the role? What are you waiting for? Apply today - we look forward to setting you on the road to success.
Mitsubishi HC Capital UK PLC is an inclusive employer, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Please be aware that we may look to begin interviews for this role before the closing date
Jobs you might be interested in
Articles you might like
Jobs you have shown an interest in